Henrik Hey was born in Denmark in 1950.
He graduated from the Danish design school in Copenhagen in 1981.
In 1983 he relocated to Utrecht in the Netherlands, where he since then has lived and worked.
- Stay at Artist-in-Residence, Kawagouchiko, Japan, preparing work on '12 Views of Mount Fuji'.
- Invited to the MOKUHANGA conference for the international jury exhibition 'Beauty of Mokuhanga: Decipline and Sensibility', University of Hawaï in Manoa, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
- Invited to participate in IMPACT 9 conference in Hangzhou, China. Exhibition of a selection of my mokuhanga prints.
- Participating in the second Mokuhanga conferene in Tokyo, Japan. Invited to exhibit for the group project 'The Content'. My mokuhanga print 'The Dive' was selected for the International mokuhanga exhibition and compotition 2014.
- Participating in Impact 8, International printmakers conference in Dundee, UK. Invited with the proposal 'Summer Rain / Spring Snow.
- Participating in the first international Mokuhanga conference in Kyoto, Japan. Invited with the proposal 'Summer Rain'.
- Participating in IMPACT 6, International printmakers conference in Bristol UK. Invited with the group project 'Surimono International' Woodblock & Poetry.
- Participating in the international print making conference, IMPACT 5, held in Tallinn, Estonia.
- Participating in the international print making conference held in Berlin and Poznan. Taking part in 'Artists discuss the Nagasawa Art Park Program' + the selected portfollio presentations in the Universitaet Der Kunste Berlin galleries. .
- Participating in the international print making conference Michaelis School of Fine Art, Capetown South Africa. .
- Invited to take part in workshop for Japanese woodblock print making Nagasawa Art Park artist-in-residence on Awaji Island, Hyogo, Japan.
- Instructor for the department of silk-screen printing at the Faculty of Visual Art and Design, Utrecht, the Netherlands. .
- Freelance illustrator dealing with drawing and layout for magazines and newspapers.
- Working full-time for the Danish newspaper 'Politiken', doing layout and graphic design and illustrations for the daily edition.
- Four years full-time study for visual arts, specialized in drawing and graphics at the 'Skolen for Brugskunst' (now called Denmark's Design School), Copenhagen, Denmark. .
- Connected with the University of Copenhagen, department 'Institute for Social Medicine' (printing and drawing scientific and educational reports. .
- Completing 'Byggeteknisk Hojskole' (Highschool for technical architecture) in Copenhagen, Denmark .
- Working as an assistant draughtsman for 'Driver-Jowitt Lincoln' architects offices, Salisbury, Zimbabwe (Rhodesia).
- Awagami International Miniature Print Exhibition, Tokoshima, Japan.
- CATCH Projecten, Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- C.R.Ettinger Studio, Philadelphia, USA.
- Art Space gallery, University of the Arts, Tokyo, Japan.
Chinretsukan gallery, University of the Arts, Tokyo, Japan.
- Impact 8, Dundee, UK
Awagami International miniature print Exhibition, Tokoshima, Japan.
- Rechtbank (Court House), Hilversum, the Netherlands.
- Mi‐Lap Gallery, Tokyo, Japan.
Royal Schottish Academy, Edinburgh, UK.
Community House Kyoto, Japan.
- Group exhibition 'A Time and a Place' at Grafisch Atelier, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- Group exhibition: NAGASAWA 10, 'A time and a place' at Deco Gallery, Tallinn, Estonia.
Deco Gallery, Tallinn, Estonia.
- Gallery Griftsteede, Gemeente Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- 55 Mercer Gallery, New York, USA.
Boulevard D’Unica, Utrecht, the Netherlands.
Academie Gallerie, HKU, Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- Skydoor Art Place Agyama, Bifgalleria Bld. Tokyo, Japan.
- Grafieksalon Besselaar, Utrecht, the Netherlands.
Australian Embassy, Tokyo, Japan.
- Shizuka Hall, Tsuna Town, Awasi, Japan.
- Nederlandse Spoorwegen, Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- Galleri Brantebjerg, Nykobing, Denmark.
- Hogeschool voor de Kunsten, Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- Broese Kemink, Utrecht, the Netherlands.
Galerie Uithof, Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- PTT Telecom, Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- Oude Kerk, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- Vester VOV VOV, Kopenhagen, Denmark.